Guest Service AmbassadorApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
The Guest Service Ambassador (GSA facilitates patient meals and snack selections, assembles, and delivers patient meals with emphasis on customer service and in the established timeframe. GSA provides guidance to patients and family members to select foods that are in compliance with Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) orders. GSA provides support for nursing and Clinical Nutrition Team. In addition, GSA facilitates intra and inter department communication to provide quality patient care and enhance patient satisfaction. GSA assists with inventory of stock items for the tray assembly areas.
Required to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. The manager may change or add duties to meet the operational needs of the department at any time without prior notice.
1)Assesses patients for appropriateness for food selections.
2) Assist patients and family with meal selections when indicated.
3) Provides guidance and encourages patients and/or family to select foods that meet MNT orders. Recommends alternatives. Confirms MNT orders and allergies in CIS and CBord.
4) Communicates consistent food choice and/or intake problems to Clinical Nutrition Team and nursing.
5) Accurately assembles patient snacks and meal trays that are in compliance with diet orders and food allergies.
6) Delivers meals, snacks and supplements to patients. Coordinates meal delivery with nursing for patients on points of care.
7) Uses dual identifiers when delivering trays and snacks.
8) Ensures completeness and accuracy of tray and assists patients with tray set up when needed.
9) Practices clean in, clean out.
10) Records supplement, fluid and meal intake. Records calorie count when ordered.
11)Reports patient snack/meal problems to Supervisor or Liaison.
12)Stock and refill cold and dry storage supplies for patient tray assembly and back up areas.
13)Practices safe food handling including maintaining appropriate food temperature, hand washing and personal hygiene.
14)Accurately processes Commissary orders to maintain par level for tray line food items.
15)Accurately assembles patient snacks in compliance with diet orders and food allergies.
16)Accurately performs tray tracking.
17)Practices First in, First out.
18)Delivers meals and snacks to units independently.
Required Work Experience:
1) None required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Food service and/or healthcare experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
1)Able to speak, write and comprehend English.
2) Basic math skills
3) Ability to follow directions
4) Verbal communication skills
5) Familiarity with using Windows based software
What You Need To Know:
Opportunities for part time, and per diem positions.
These positions require weekend and holiday availability
Location: Springfield MA
Education:GED or HiSET
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org