Home Health RN
Provides nursing services and assumes primary responsibility for the care and well being of assigned patients from admission to discharge. Performs assigned tasks and educates the patient and caregiver to promote self-care within the patient's functional limitations. Participates as an active member of the care team and collaborates with other members to assure a high quality of patient care.
1) Clinical Practice/Clinical Assessment/Data Collection.Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the applicable age groups (neonate infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, elder adult) and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care. Establishes realistic goals and develops plan of treatment in cooperation with the patient, family and members of the health care team. Demonstrates excellent physical assessment and care planning skills. Demonstrates current knowledge of pharmacology and medication administration.
2) Clinical Practice/Coordination of Services.Assesses and revises goals and treatment plan as appropriate for high quality service to patients in collaboration with Care Managers. Coordinates care and discharge planning with other team members during case conference. Acquires and maintains an expert working knowledge of all third party payers and regulatory bodies and agency policies on issues related to documentation and care provided. Completes mandated documentation in a complete and timely manner while maintain clinical records in accordance with agency policies
3) Nurse-Patient/Family Relationship/Pt/Family Health Education.Educates patient, family and staff on diagnosis, treatment program and resources available.
4) Performance Improvement/Interprets Clinical outcomes/data to improve practice.Participates in performance improvement activities and record audits.
5) Professional Practice/Development/EducationSupervises other members of care team according to agency policies. Assumes responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends in the nursing profession. Adheres to establish policies, procedures and standards of nursing care. Demonstrates clinically current knowledge, skill and competency. Collaborates with managers to provide appropriate observations and experiences for students and orientees. Ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team. Attend and contribute to in-service programs.
6) Individual and/or team objectives from previous review cycle.
7) Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.Adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations.
8) Attend orientation, in-service, staff, and any other departmental, agency or system-wide programs/meetings as requested.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 1 year of med-surg nursing with experience in community health care preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) RNs in this position are required to demonstrate competency in IV and Phlebotomy within one year of their date of hire
2) Excellent judgment and communication skills
3) Ability to work independently with attention to detail
4) Computer experience helpful
Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instructor - American Heart Association, Driver License - Various, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.