HVAC Control System TechnicianApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a HVAC Control System Technician II for a full time position.
What you will do:
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of the HVAC Shop, the HVAC Control System Technician Level 2 is the technical lead for all HVAC Controls systems projects, as well as the design obligations, field and office engineering work related to the planning, design, construction and maintenance of the building control system. You will provide technical oversight and coordination of engineering work, through project meetings, monitor progress against project schedules.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for supervising control projects, from schematic design level through construction and to project closeout documentation. Coordinate individual and/or multiple construction projects. Coordinate the clients program with all consultants and contractors. Assure compliance of work with contract documents.
- Work as project coordinator during installation of the building controls systems. Projects performed in house the Level 2 Tech will work electrical / mechanical sub-contractors along with the in-house staff to execute system installations.
- Evaluate control system equipment performance and recommend improvements to maintenance program and system design. Maintain a proper preventative maintenance program through reports and logs of equipment and assists with training of the HVAC mechanics on staff.
- Develop a means and standards to which Baystate Health building controls must adhere. Work with project design engineers, outside contractors, facilities group, and engineering staff to create energy efficient building controls solutions.
- Install, diagnose and repair complex electronic control systems requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, as well as basic knowledge of legacy pneumatic control systems.
What you will need:
- Associates Degree HVAC Building Automation Systems/two year technical certificate
- Minimum of Seven years as Controls Technician with HVAC Building Automation Controls, and five years in Controls Systems projects required.
- Experience with Automated Logic Controls, Johnson Controls and system wide integration of BACnet systems preferred.
- Driver’s License required.
- Electrician License preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred.
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position, 40 hrs per week.
- This position requires weekends and holidays availability.
- Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.