HVAC Refrigeration TechnicianApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Licensed Refrigeration Technician for a full time position.
What Will Do:
Under the direction of the Facilities Engineer for the HVAC Shop, The Regrigeration Technician performs a variety of duties involving inspection, maintenance and installation of mechanical refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and components throughout Baystate Medical Center. This position is accountable for ensuring effective maintenance and provision of HVAC/Refrigeration, pumps, pneumatic / electrical controls, ductwork and related equipment to all facilities of Baystate Medical Center and its ancillary buildings.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work from work orders, specifications, drawings, prints and instructions.
- Maintain and repair refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems including chillers, chilled water systems, ice makers, freezers and refrigeration equipment.
- Read and interpret thermometers and gauges and make adjustments to maintain desired temperatures. Charge refrigeration and air conditioning equipment as required. Test operation of thermostats and make adjustments as required.
- Inspect equipment and units, check for leaks and correct electrical connections and make necessary repairs. Perform brazing, soldering and similar procedures as required. Detect faulty operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Prepare required records of time, materials and supplies used and requisition materials and/or equipment following prescribed procedures. Prepare standard reports and similar data as required.
What You Need To Know:
- This position is full time, 40 hours per week. Business Hours
- This position may require weekend and holiday availability.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Valid Drivers License.
- EPA Certificate (CFC Chlorofluorocarbons).
- MA HVAC License.
- 5-7 years direct experience maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems in health care, university or industry.
- Experience with computerized building automation systems.
- Automated Logic, Siemens and Johnson Controls.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.