HVAC TechnicianApply Now
Location: Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Health is seeking a Licensed HVAC Technician for a full time position.
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the Supervisor Engineering perform a variety of duties involving inspection, maintenance and installation of mechanical refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and components throughout BWH. This position is accountable for ensuring effective maintenance and operation of HVAC/Refrigeration, pumps, pneumatic / electrical controls, ductwork and related equipment to all facilities of Baystate Eastern Region and its ancillary buildings.
Promote and participate in team problem solving approach with co-workers and other Engineering staff. Assist co-workers in resolving technical, scheduling and customer satisfaction issues. Provide technical support to other departments in matters pertaining to HVAC systems and the review for new additions or modifications to building HVAC systems. Support the Organization's Mission and Operating Principles.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC and refrigeration equipment and systems to obtain efficient operating results and maximize equipment life expectancy.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment to minimize down time and service requests. Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all HVAC/R systems.
- Apply the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units. Maintain equipment to simultaneously control space temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Use the psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
- Analyze, plan, and perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC System throughout the Baystate Health System. Assist in managing the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Joint Commission required documentation.
- Maintain systems, which include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building automation control systems. Ensuring each component is functioning properly as well as the system as a whole
- Charge refrigeration and air conditioning equipment as required. Perform brazing, soldering and similar procedures as required. Detect faulty operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments and repairs. Refer unusual cases or problems to coordinator or manager.
- Monitor and maintain necessary levels of parts and supplies related to heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, procurement by means of available vendors in accordance with hospital purchasing procedures.
- Use diagnostic test equipment such as multimeters, amprobe, air and water flow measuring devices. Read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
- Respond at any time to an emergency repair situation of HVAC equipment and/or fire, flood and power failure, In order to maintain a functionally safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors including emergency call after normal work shift.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed. Prepare required records of time, materials and supplies used and requisition materials and/or equipment following prescribed procedures. Prepare standard reports and similar data as required.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associates degree in Engineering, Energy Transfer Systems or Equivalent preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- EPA Certificate (CFC Chlorofluorocarbons).
- MA HVAC Preferred.
- 3-5 years direct experience maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems in health care, university or industry.
- Experience with computerized building automation systems.
- Automated Logic, Siemens and Johnson Controls.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
What You Need To Know:
- This position is full time, 40 hours per week.
- This position is located in Springfield, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.