Inpatient Physical Therapist Per DiemApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Per Diem Inpatient Physical Therapist
What You Will Do:
Assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treat patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determine patient’s capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Evaluates all assigned patients utilizing established department evaluation procedures within 24 hours. Assesses patient needs and discharge plans thru evaluation process. Plans appropriate goals and treatment utilizing results of evaluation and assessment and patient/family goals.
- Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline. Applies treatment consistently with plan. Modifies treatment plan according to patients' abilities
- Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports.
- Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management. As indicated, provides and documents patients and families counseling to enhance understanding of disorder(s) and goals of RX
- Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments. Submits patient charges and/or crediting within 24 hours
- Assist with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns. Assists students in developing inservice. Contributes to the review of and co-signing of all documentation completed by intern. Contributes to intern rating format at midterm and end of internship.
- Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling. Establishes and implements 1-2 specific professional development objectives to be reviewed annually.
- Meets productivity expectations as determined by the supervisor.
- Attend in-service training, outside seminars and other meetings as directed. Presents in-service training with established guidelines.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 1-3 minimum years’ experience as Physical Therapist
- Current CPR Certification
- Commonwealth of MA - Allied Health Professions Physical Therapist is required
- Mid-Level PT skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
What You Need To Know:
- Per Diem position;
- Inpatient Rehab; Baystate Medical Center
- Please submit a resume with your application
- It is a requirement 2 weekend day per month and there is also vacation and day off coverage needs
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.