Intern Non-ClinicalApply Now
The incumbent will participate in translating business and technical requirements into well-engineered, documented and successfully deployed application systems. The incumbent will participate in full life cycle software engineer including designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying software applications that meet business expectations. The incumbent will participate in the implementation of vendor-supplied software packages including the installation, customization, deployment, maintenance, and administration. The incumbent will participate in day-to-day support.
1) LearningIncumbent is responsible for gaining a basic understanding of assigned programming languages, development platforms, and application solutions and support He or she is expected to learn project documentation procedures such as change control policies, technical documentation, code review, test plans, and support documentation.AdministrationHe or she is expected to learn the fundamentals and participate in the full software development life cycle.
2) Staff supportIncumbents will be expected to assist in application development activities with oversight from senior application engineers & analysts, architects, and managers/team lead.Incumbents will assist in support and documentation of technical and business requirements with oversight.He/she works collaboratively with their team and other assigned IT teams to ensure projects are successively supported and delivered.
3) AdministrationHe or she will be responsible for completing all requested internship documentation provided by Baystate Health or partnering academic entity including time tracking and status reports.He or she will meet regularly with the Manager/team lead to update on progress of assigned projects and training as well as to facilitate learning.Incumbent will keep senior team members advised of major hurdles as well as be expected to seek out advice in completing assigned tasks.
Required Work Experience:
1) Have received academic training on the basics of programming applications
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Have the ability to learn and understand programming languages in a clinical environment
GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org