Laboratory AssistantApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Part-time Laboratory Assistant
What You Will Do:
As the Laboratory Assistant you will be asked to develop basic skill and knowledge to provide support to nursing home and home draw services using multiple computer applications to include: thorough and accurate patient registrations and test ordering; Forecasted orders for nursing home; Standing Order application for home draws; and other programs. Develop skills at reviewing laboratory requisitions, interaction with clients and BRL support staff requires incumbent to possess good interpersonal and communication skills, establishing and maintaining good client relations while presenting a professional manner at all times. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work while maintaining acceptable level of productivity. Demonstrate good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prints nursing and home draw orders and collection labels. Affixes specimen labels to patient orders with accuracy. Prints weekly, monthly, yearly orders for client review and updates orders in appropriate computer systems. Adjusts order collection dates as required. Maintains and upkeep inactive and expired orders and files.
- Performs clerical duties to include printing, photocopying, faxing, filing, mailing letters, etc. Assists with preparation of letters to physicians regarding home draw orders.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance adhering to department uniform policy and maintaining good personal grooming. Answers telephone in a professional manner
- Willingly accepts changes in the work schedule as necessary to accommodate staffing needs. Communicates effectively with other staff members.
- Completes assigned reading, special projects and duties within established time. Maintains educational assignments when warranted. Continues to develop medical terminology at different levels.
- Annually reviews the Corporate Compliance and the BHS Pathology Compliance Policies.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of computers and typing skills is required
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills.
What You Need To Know:
Part-time / 20 hours / 2nd shift
Five days per week with rotating weekends and holidays. Variable start times between 6pm and 8pm.
Location: Daly Springfield, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.