LPN Clinical Support Coordinator, Baystate Home HealthApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
LPN Clinical Support Coordinator facilitates the provision of high quality, cost effective home health services for all Baystate Home Health offices-Home Care. Directs the care team to ensure excellent internal and external customer service (patients and families, referral sources, employees, health system partners, etc) in all settings.Responsible for the coordination of the Telehealth program and oversite for scheduling of Home Health Aides.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, developmental stages, pharmacology, health promotion and disease prevention and treatment, best practice interventions, BHH policies and procedures through daily interactions with staff, physicians and patient/families.
- Works closely with Clinical Directors and Clinical Managers for all offices to address customer concerns/complaints and adverse events. Identifies and addresses complex patient/family clinical, social, behavioral and cultural needs.
- Triage phone calls to ensure that patients needs are met whether that is a home visit needed or a screening phone call and to prevent re-hospitalizations.
- Manages difficult conversations with patients/staff and resolves issues or recommends alternative solutions.
- The LPN Clinical Support Coordinator will be trained and oriented to the evidenced based practice of the Thompson Protocols for Telephone Triage.
- Manage and oversee the Telehealth program. Review Intake logs on a daily basis to evaluate patients for the telehealth program.
- Collaborate/assign staff for installation/teaching visits, provide excellent customer service, trouble shoot and educate staff and patients as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule all Home Care Aides(HHAs) schedules. Work closely with each HHA to ensure compliance with patient care plans, productivity is met and documentation is completed by HHAs.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Massachusetts and CPR certified.
- 3-4 years nursing experience
- Home Care or community health nursing strongly preferred as well as strong triage skills
- Excellent judgment, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and .
- Valid Driver’s License - Must have a car and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license. Motor vehicle report will be reviewed and final hiring decision will be based on information obtained
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Must have excellent assessment, strong interpersonal, customer service, organizational and communication skills.
What You Need to Know:
- Location -- 50 Maple Street Baystate Home Health
- 40 Hours per week Monday - Friday 8:00AM -4:30PM
- Driving Required - See Fleet Policy Below
- Resume required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.