Manager Hospice & Palliative CareApply Now
Location: Baystate VNAH - Springfield
As Directed by and in partnership with the Director of Business Development and Post Acute Integration, sets program growth targets and supports marketing plan with appropriate level and number of staff to create a "Best in Class" reputation for the Hospice and Palliative Care Programs
- Ensure accepted standards of clinical care and quality using NHPCO standards as well as other nationally accepted clinical evidence.
Ensures accountability of staff for maintaining accepted standards of clinical care and quality. Ensures staff are accountable for quality patient outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Oversees implementation of plans to meet stated objectives and outcomes. Reviews contract and benchmarking data to ensure compliance with stated goals. Participates in the development of policies and procedures. Fosters a climate of survey readiness. Monitors patient satisfaction and customer concerns.
- Educate and engage staff in plans for improvement. Assure that staff has solid structures and processes in place to problem solve and conduct weekly case conferences. Increase the certification rate of all Hospice and Palliative Care RNs, MSW's and Hospice Aides.
- Work with Director of Business Development to strategically plan program marketing and growth including face to face marketing visits to MD practices and payor organizations
- Collaborate with Director of Hospice, Palliative Care and Pediatric Palliative Care to develop annual budget and to adjust for monthly variances in revenue or expenses. Oversees business functions of the team to ensure expenses from operations are less than revenue. Tracks and monitors overtime hours and position control data. Collaborates to ensure accurate and timely submission of documentation for billing purposes. Monitors use of capital expenditures.
- Assesses health needs of community and assists in the development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the organization
- Improves efficiency and effectiveness of resources resulting in positive patient outcomes through the implementation of clinical standards and education.
- Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory, and clinical policies and procedures.
- Massachusetts RN may consider other first professional discipline
- Master degree in clinical or health related field (MSN,MBA,MPA) required or in progress
- 5 - 10 years of progressive leadership experience in Hospice Care and Team Management.
- CPHN preferred
- Ability to plan and organize supportive team structures and processes to achieve excellent outcomes in patient care, patient satisfaction and staff engagement
- Understand Hospice philosophy and model of care.
- Aptitude for effectively collaborating and influencing others at all organizational levels both within the organization and with outside stakeholders
- Able to identify reports and data to drive decisions. Adept at Microsoft Word and EMR applications.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and ability to balance competing priorities and multiple projects concurrently.
What You Need to Know:
- Location -- 50 Maple Street Baystate Home Health and Hospice
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Driving Required - See Fleet Policy Below
- Resume required
Fleet Policy Statement
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.