Manager of Data Management & AnalyticsApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
The position of Manager, Healthcare Analytics is key member of the Center for Analytics at Baystate Health. The Center for Analytics is managed by a Board that consists of Senior Executives across the Enterprise. The incumbent will provide:
- Analytics Leadership representing the mission and vision across the enterprise
- Analytics Development working in partnership with internal staff and external vendors
- Customer Engagement interacting with numerous internal constituents in clinical, operational, financial, research and strategic business organizations across the enterprise
- Personnel & Budget Management
- Project Management Leadership to provide internal customers with the right solutions on time
- Vendor Management consisting of execution, performance, and contract management
The incumbent must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable engaging with a wide range of internal constituents from staff, peers and Senior Executives across the Enterprise.
Detailed Job Functions
- Manage day-to-day functions of business and reporting analysts
- Provide management team with adequate information to make decisions (both strategic & tactical)
- Solid database skills, data analysis skills, project management skills or experience
- Design and build utilization management dashboards/reports/models
- Perform in depth analyses of current trends to enable organization to diagnose and respond to changing competitive landscape
- Proactively evaluate macro-market data, technology and benchmarks to discern trends, anomalies, and areas of opportunities
- Work with internal report production teams to evaluate historical performance and forecast future performance
- Interpret, create final recommendations and present the results to key stakeholders
- Develops and directs the implementation of strategies to substantially improve data processing efficiencies
- Lead the execution of projects based on predictive analytics, customer segmentation and modeling, ad hoc business analytics and customer behavior reporting in support of internal business partners
- Design, develop and implement analytical models using appropriate data mining and statistical tools, analyze results and work cross-functionally to generate actionable recommendations
- Manage outside vendor relationships
Minimally Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience in a Discipline related to the assisgned area
Minimally Required Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience with web technologies, application development, business intelligence, and/or healthcare application integration. Minimum of three years of managerial experience including the management of personnel, budget, contracts, vendors, and day-to-day department operations. Minimum of three years of project and portfolio management with an emphasis on experience with multi-disciplinary, complex projects, system and teams. Knowledgeable in the IS acquisition, installation and deployment, support and maintenance of business intelligence. Experience in the management of web services for a variety of client focused portals (i.e. consumer, workplace, patient, physician, etc) and web application development. Understanding of current trends and standards based technologies related to web implementations. (i.e. HTML, XML, SOAP, etc.).
Preferred Experience: Understanding of interface engine concepts and client server based application development is a plus. Knowledgeable of healthcare compliance requirements e.g., HIPAA, JCAHO, government is a plus. Consulting background a plus
Skills / Competencies:
Strong management and leadership skills
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to organize and efficiently manage their work and that of the IT team in a high-energy and fast-changing environment.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
Skilled in analyzing, interpreting and solving complex clinical/business problems.
Able to translate business/clinical workflow problems into practical information system alternatives.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.