Medical Assistant IIIApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
You will be responsible for:
- Providing patient centered care
- Assisting in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider
- Interviewing patients, measuring vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height)
- Assisting provider(s) with or performing procedures/testing as directed or by protocol
- Preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Following up with patient providing educational resources, appointment information and referrals.
- Ensuring that patients’ records are accurately documented
What you will need:
- High School or equivalent and Health Care Provide CPR certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or equivalent training
- AAMA/AMT required
- Minimum of 2 year's experience as a professional Medical Assistant required
- OB/GYN experience preferred
- Experience with Centricity, CIS and Patient Keeper is a plus
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
Medical Assistant I should have at least 1 year experience in a medical office
Medical Assistant II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
Medical Assistant III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What You Need To Know:
Baystate Health’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology provides world-class health care to women of all ages in western Massachusetts. Our board-certified team of health care professionals dedicates itself to meeting the unique and changing medical needs of women in our region. We offer a full range of women's health services.
Office hours are:
- 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday, Thursday and Friday
Daily hours are flexible, but evening shifts (Tuesday and Wednesday) are required.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.