Medical AssistantApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Medical Assistant for the Baystate Breast and Wellness Center.
What you will do:
- Patient and Room Preparation - Under supervision, processes patient for intake and prepares room for exam, treatment, or procedure. Ensures all necessary equipment is available and provides patient with appropriate education materials. Reviews patient and physician schedules to prepare for the day and makes changes with approval.
- Patient Intake and History - Reviews patient history & health maintenance information, takes vitals, provides appropriate paperwork for obtaining releases and obtains consent for release of medical data. Demonstrates basic understanding of and uses CIS and Centricity to enter patient information.
- Clinical Orders - Under supervision implements provider’s orders including standing orders and protocols to maintain flow of patient care, testing for appropriate treatment, and coordination of care with clinical team. Asks questions or seeks assistance when unsure of how to proceed.
- Procedures - Performs procedures independently as approved by provider, including EKG, vision and hearing screening, point of care testing, etc. Immunizations may only be administered in conjunction with Baystate Medical Practices Policy BMP-MM012.
- Documentation - Accurately and within established time frame, completes all documentation. Ensures that patient and provider information is complete.
- Patient Discharge - Schedule appointments and process referrals. Provide patient education materials ensures materials are available in patient rooms. Cleans room and prepares for the next patient. Asks questions when presented with new situations.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- One year of experience in a medical office preferred.
- Basic Life Support CPR required.
- Must be ONE of the following:
1. Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
2. A registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
3. Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
- Medical Assistant I should have at least 1 year experience in a medical office
- Medical Assistant II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
- Medical Assistant III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position. 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- This position is located at 100 Wason Avenue in Springfield, MA.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.