We are experiencing technical difficulties and are working to address them. We thank you for your patience.
Medical Interpreter Hospital IApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Spanish Interpreter for a Medical Practice, for a full time position.
As an Interpreter you will provide oral interpretation and limited written translation between limited English proficient (LEP) patients and their family and English-speaking providers and other members of the patient care team.
What you will do:
- Provide fluid consecutive AND simultaneous verbal interpretation to assist patients, families, and providers.
- Provide only brief written translations of information for patients or family. Forward frequently used documents/instructions and signage to Interpreter and Translation Services Department for translation.
- Function as team member both within the health system as well as with Interpreter and Translation Services.
- Log in to automated call distribution telephone line when in main office.
- Respond to pages by anyone within 5 minutes to assess need.
- Attend at least 9 monthly Interpreter & Translation Services staff meetings each year.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Interpreting, Translation, or Language Studies preferred.
- Above average written and oral fluency in English and at least one other language.
- Must be able to translate brief passages (no more than 3 paragraphs) from English to target language or target language to English.
IMPORTANT - Don't Miss This Step
As part of the application process for this job opportunity, you are required to complete a video prescreen on the Baystate Health HireVue site. I will be emailing you a link to complete this video interview.
What you need to know:
- This is a full time, 40 hours position.
- Schedule: Business Hours. This position requires availability one to two evenings per week.
- Location: High Street Health Center, Adult Medicine at 140 High Street, Springfield MA 01109.