Medical Interpreter, SpanishApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
As an Interpreter at Baystate Health, you will join a team with more than fifty Interpreters who are dedicated to providing oral interpretation and limited written translation between limited English proficient (LEP) patients and their family and English-speaking providers and other members of the patient care team.
What you will do:
- Provide fluid consecutive AND simultaneous verbal interpretation to assist patients, families, and providers.
- Provide only brief written translations of information for patients or family. Forward frequently used documents/instructions and signage to Interpreter and Translation Services Department for translation.
- Function as team member both within the health system as well as with Interpreter and Translation Services.
- Log in to automated call distribution telephone line when in main office.
- Respond to pages by anyone within 5 minutes to assess need.
- Attend at least 9 monthly Interpreter & Translation Services staff meetings each year.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Interpreting, Translation, or Language Studies preferred.
- Above average written and oral fluency in English and at least one other language.
- Must be able to translate brief passages (no more than 3 paragraphs) from English to target language or target language to English.
IMPORTANT - Please Don't Miss This Step
As part of the application process for this job opportunity, you are required to complete a video prescreen on the Baystate Health HireVue site. I will be emailing you a link to complete this video interview.
What you need to know:
- This is a per diem position with various hours.
- This position requires flexible availability.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.