Mgr Client ServiceApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
The incumbent in this position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing tactical and strategic information services to help partners and clients enhance their delivery of services by facilitating the processing and delivery of information. The incumbent will coordinate and manage the activities and performance of staff members within a team, or teams, focused on the implementation and support of information technology enabling solutions and services.
This manager is responsible for the areas of Revenue Cycle development and support of web, mainframe and client server based applications development and support, reporting and business intelligence, and interface management.
1) Assumes overall responsibility (directly or through delegation to other staff members) for personnel management of the department to include, but not limited to, recruiting, orienting, training, scheduling, mentoring, counseling, evaluating, promoting and terminating employees. Makes recommendations regarding staffing plans.
2) Manages the day-to-day operations of the department ensuring operational readiness of existing systems and services, all resources are effectively utilized, and all issues are handled appropriately.
3) Analyzes and approves new work, estimating effort and cost, and delegating work assignments effectively.
4) Develops and manages budget for areas of responsibility. Formulates, recommends, implements, monitors and controls operational and capital budgets within administrative guidelines.
5) Negotiates contracts with external vendors for services and products and monitor delivery of contractual obligations.
6) Manages vendor relationships within areas of responsibility including, contract reconciliation, maintenance agreements and contacts, managing enhancements and upgrades, issue escalation, partnership agreements.
7) Negotiates service level agreements with clients and monitors service delivery to ensure agreed upon targets are met or exceeded.
8) Prepares for, coordinates, and chairs the project/program advisory, decision-making, and oversight committees, including an emphasis on a multi-disciplinary approach.
9) Along with senior management, develop long and short-range plans for systems architecture (strategic planning). Stay current on technologies, industry trend, and regulations relating to area of responsibility, communicate this information to the appropriate management teams, and make recommendations related to areas of responsibility. Involved in client Management Team meetings to share strategic IS recommendations. Exemplifies BHS Operating Principles and Service Standards and holds departmental staff accountable for conformity with the standards in all activities.
10) Project and Portfolio Management:
Provides intake mechanism for organizational ideas and leads the champion/sponsor through the initial stages of the project management methodology, to position the project for approval, and coordinate the handoff to the appropriate project manager. Applies appropriate project management methodology to ensure that project timeline, scope, budget, and quality objectives are achieved. Works closely with champions, sponsors, stakeholders, and IT staff to create strategy, approach, sequencing, and timeline for projects and programs, focusing on clinical/business process improvements. Helps to resolve barriers and conflicts (resource, timing, financial, sequencing) between multiple projects and project teams before they become barriers to successful project implementations.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 10 years experience with web technologies, application development, business intelligence, and/or healthcare application integration
2) Minimum of three years of managerial experience including the management of personnel, budget, contracts, vendors, and day-to-day department operations
3) Minimum of three years of project and portfolio management with an emphasis on experience with multi-disciplinary, complex projects, system and teams
4) Knowledgeable in the IS acquisition, installation and deployment, support and maintenance of business intelligence
5) Experience in the management of web services for a variety of client focused portals (ie consumer, workplace, patient, physician, etc) and web application development
6) Understanding of current trends and standards based technologies related to web implementations (ie HTML, XML, SOAP, etc)
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Understanding of interface engine concepts and client server based application development is a plus
2) Knowledgeable of healthcare compliance requirements eg HIPAA, JCAHO, government is a plus
3) Consulting background a plus
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong management and leadership skills
Education:Bachelor of Science (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org