Nurse Educator Medical Telemetry Unit Springfield 2 PTApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
As the Nurse Educator your essential functions include;
- Expert level knowledge and skill in clinical specialty.
- Program development; innovation learning approaches for coordination, facilitation, conduction, and evaluation of orientation, competency and in-service programs.
- Staff development; identify through needs assessment, continuing education opportunities that augment knowledge, skills, and attitudes of all nursing staff.
- Career advancement; guide and mentor staff in career/professional development, role transition and succession planning.
- Research and evidence based practice; conducts, encourages, disseminates, and/or participates in evidence based practice, research and scholarship, including oral or poster presentations and publications. Supports staff nurse evidence-based projects in concert with the Nurse Manager, Nursing Research Director and Nursing Resident Manager.
- Apply educational methods that inspires, transforms and achieves outcomes in staff learning through formal/informal teaching methods (including simulation).
What will you need?
- Master’s Degree in Nursing is required; Doctorate education or clinical nurse leadership is preferred.
- Massachusetts RN license required.
- Health Care Provide CPR certification required. ACLS or PALS may be required in specific areas.
- Specialty Certification required.
- Five years of experience in the specialty/designated patient population is required along with adult learner knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff in assistive roles, professional nurses, physicians, trainees and colleagues in all areas of the hospital.
- Demonstrate quality in clinical performance as evidenced by creativity in problem solving, risk taking and interdisciplinary communications.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.