Outcomes RN, Heart & Vascular QualityApply Now
Outcomes RN assumes a clinical leadership position in the team. This RN must be expert in understanding the registry definitions, abstract data and work with other members of the team to send accurate timely data to external regulatory agencies. He/she prepares the benchmark reports, understands the key opportunities and with the clinical team/MD champion works to improve documentation and outcomes. This RN will collaborate with Service line committees, Health Care Quality, peer review committees and health information management as well as external registries.
- Coordinates data maintenance for department and assigned projects by: Reviewing patient charts, extrapolating data for reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Works with MD changes on Team to facilitate complete documentation to produce accurate outcomes.
- Collaborates with Associates to enter data, run queries and create analyses for selected projects and presentations. Reviews outcomes with MD leadership to ensure data submission is accurate. Although not directly responsible for sending quarterly reports to State mandated Agencies, familiarity with the process with a special emphasis on deadlines is required.
- Provides professional oversight for subject content by: Keeps up to date with changes, definitions, education in registry websites, and attendance at registry meetings and memberships. Is knowlegable about changes in "best practice" of the diseases and procedures for which they are assigned. Collaborates frequently with Health Care Quality, Heart &Vascular Peer review committees and Health Information Management.
- Prepares data reports for use in the organization: Formats data / benchmarked reports for presentation to performance improvement teams and service leaders. Monitors negative trends and brings them to the attention of service line leaders and physician partners. Works with Clinical Research to mine registry data for research studies.
Required Work Experience:
- Massachusetts license as an RN
- Experience requirements include strong computer skills: desktop databases, internet databases and Microsoft Suite Applications (MS Office, Word, Excell, Access, PowerPoint)
- 1-3 years of clinical of health care data management experience
- Experience with data collection preferred
- Individual should have a high level of time management and efficiency skills and an ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Must have an understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, quality of care, outcomes measurement and analysis and health care cost measurement and containment
- Must be adaptable to new database expansion and changing clinical measures
Position is 32 hours
Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org