Outpatient Care Coordinator - Medical Assistant- Noble, Feeding Hills, & SouthwickApply Now
Baycare Medical Assistant Outpatient Care Coordinator- Noble, Feeding Hills, and Southwick
Under the direction of the Director, Clinical Integration, responsible for a wide variety of duties related to medical outreach to patients and medical data entry. Major responsibilities/accountabilities to include outreach to patients in a professional, respectful manner; work collaboratively with the practice based care manager, manage patient lists, and to accurately and efficiently enter data. Specific duties may include:
Communicates and coordinates with all entities involved in the care of a patient to promote and maximize care coordination and patient satisfaction for a population of patients. Follows up with patients that have been in the Emergency Department/Inpatient to facilitate PCP follow up and identify unmet needs, under the direction of the Care Manager. Maintains clear, concise, objective and accurate documentation of patient encounters. Conducts Health Risk Assessments and Orientations to the practice and refers patients appropriately to the Care Manager. Screens/Identifies/Outreaches to patients to assure needs for preventive care and disease management are met. Performs home visits, if applicable, to a subset of patients. Assists the practice Care Manager in managing a Quality Improvement committee at the practice. Develops and implements a personal development program to ensure continuing professional growth. Observes all health and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with patients, physicians and their practice staff, as well as other Care Coordinators along the continuum (e.g., inpatient, post acute).
- Population Management: Utilize registries as well as standing orders to proactively identify and outreach to patients that are in need of preventive screenings/chronic disease testing. Assist patients in scheduling appointments and tracking until the results are received.
- Transitions of Care: Provide outreach calls, per protocol, to patients that have been discharged from the hospital or the emergency room. Review discharge instructions, ensure follow up appointments are made, screen for care management.
- Care Coordination: Provide ongoing support and coaching to a subset of patients needing care coordination, resource linkage, self-management support.
- Link patients to community resources and track to ensure services are in place.
- Work in collaboration with the Nurse Care Manager to ensure care coordination activities are provided to maximize outcomes for the patient.
- Participate in practice as well as Care Management team meetings.
- Prescreens patients for complex care management utilizing a Health Risk Assessment.
- Performs home visits, if applicable, to a subset of patients.
- High School or GED Required. Associates’ Degree preferred. BLS CPR required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- Two years of experience in a medical office
- Certified by American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Registered through Medical Assistant (RMA) or Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
This is a full time position. Hours 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
This position is located at Noble Hospital, Southwick Primary Care, Feeding Hills Primary Care.
Associates of Science, Certificate: Medical Assistant (Required)
Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) - Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), Driver License - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org