Patient AdvocateApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
The Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I Trauma Center in western Massachusetts. We are the largest provider of tertiary care in the region with over 110,000 patient visits annually. Within dedicated treatment areas, our professional staff cares for pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric patients as well as those with both major and minor medical or surgical illness.
OUR EMERGENCY & TRAUMA CENTER INCLUDES:
- Patient care rooms with glass-front doors enhance privacy, creating a comfortable healing environment:
- Three dedicated Trauma Rooms equipped with the latest technology
- The region’s only Pediatric ED – a new, dedicated area uniquely designed for the treatment of children
- A private, quiet, secure environment for patients with behavioral health issues
Baystate is seeking a per diem Patient Advocate.
What You Will Do:
- The Patient Advocate is responsible for greeting the general public in the waiting room and serve as a communication link between staff, patients and their families. They assist the practice team by proactively eliciting concerns, requests and works with the rest of the staff to meet patient needs.
What You Will Need:
- High School or GED
- Customer Service experience
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team player
- Some computer system/application skills
- General Service Excellence Principles
- Demonstrates strong problem solving
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Emergency Department
- Shift: Various
- Hours: Per Diem
- Orientation to the department is held the day after an agreed upon start date, mandatory attendance is required.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.