Patient Care Technician, part timeApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying to this position at Baystate Health. Please note the following details:
- Department: Continuing Care Nursery
- Experience with family centered care
- Hours: 24 Weekly
- Shift: Days, 7a-7:30p
- Every other weekend and holiday
- All applicants are asked to submit a resume with their application
New employees will be required to attend a 3 day orientation upon starting (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8a-4p)
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Come join our team!
At Baystate Health, Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) perform an important role providing care to our patients. They take vital signs, administer treatments and procedures, assist patients, communicate with the care team and maintain patient safety at all times.
What you will do:
- Daily activities are coordinated by the RN
- Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions
- Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring
- Multiskilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to phlebotomy and EKGs
- Expected to manage equipment and perform or assist in all procedures on unit
What do you need:
- High School diploma or GED.
- CPR-Basic Life Support of Healthcare Provider required from the American Heart Association
- C.N.A. or equivalent experience.
- Great interpersonal skills, compassionate care giver and able to work in a fast paced environment a MUST
- May undefill hours or may underfill level based on qualifications, evaluated as follows:
- Patient Care Technician I will have no acute care experience
- Patient Care Technician II must have at least one year of acute care experience or one year of experience in specialty specific setting
- Patient Care Technician III must have at least three years of acute care experience with at least one year as Level II PCT at BMC. Meets all Level I and II requirements and skills.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.