Patient Care Technician, Part-TimeApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying to this position at Baystate Health. Please note the following details:
- Department: Obs- North 2
- Hours: 24 Hours Weekly
- Shift: Nights, 7:00p-7:30a
- Every other weekend and holiday
- All applicants are asked to submit a resume with their application
At Baystate Health, Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) perform an important role providing care to our patients. They take vital signs, administer treatments and procedures, assist patients, communicate with the care team and maintain patient safety at all times.
What you will do:
- Daily activities are coordinated by the RN
- Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions
- Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring
- Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to phlebotomy and EKGs
- Expected to manage equipment and perform or assist in all procedures on unit
What do you need:
- High School diploma or GED.
- CPR-Basic Life Support of Healthcare Provider required from the American Heart Association
- C.N.A. or equivalent experience.
- Great interpersonal skills, compassionate care giver and able to work in a fast paced environment a MUST
- May under-fill hours or may under-fill level based on qualifications, evaluated as follows:
- Patient Care Technician I will have no acute care experience
- Patient Care Technician II must have at least one year of acute care experience or one year of experience in specialty specific setting
- Patient Care Technician III must have at least three years of acute care experience with at least one year as Level II PCT at BMC. Meets all Level I and II requirements and skills.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.