Patient Relations Clinical LiaisonApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Reporting to the Patient Relations Director, this position serves as liaison between patients, families and the organization in the expression of concerns, complaints and grievances. The position provides clinical expertise to the office so that less complex cases requiring clinical coordination can be appropriately triaged, investigated and resolved in timely manner. This position is responsible for information intake about a concern, using critical thinking and decision making about the approach needed to resolve the concern, coordinating clinical review, liaison duties with all levels of caregivers related to the concern, and assures appropriate communication with the patient and families of the continual status of the resolution. Using customer service skills, compassion, and appreciative inquiry, this individual will be responsible to meet with patients and families from the time of intake, through the resolution process, prepare documentation and correspondence to all relevant parties as indicated, and escalate situations as appropriate to the Patient Relations Director and Risk Management or Compliance as required. The individual will be responsible for assuring resolution is completed in a timely manner and procedures are documented.
1) Provides objective representation in a neutral manner on issues that are brought to the office by patients, families and guest.
2) Initiates complaint resolution process by contacting appropriate department, manager or physician as required by nature of complaint
3) Provides guidance and counsel to patients, families and guest or staff on patient rights and responsibilities.
4) Interprets hospital policy, practices and procedures related to patient care.
5) Receives and responds to letters, calls, staff referrals and in-person visits relating to patient/family problems or complaints that have not been resolved at the point-of-service.
6) Effectively problem solves and follow up as appropriate
7) Responsbile for handling information confidentially
8) Triage and escalation of all complex complaints
9) Builds effective relationships with management, department heads and clinical leaders
10) Coordinates the investigation and resolution of less complex complaints or grievances.
11) Utilizes data management system to input complaint data and assist in trending and tracking for periodic reports.
12) Works with director to assure all regulatory and compliance related standards are met.
13) Assist and supports other duties as necessary
Required Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years clinical, service oriented background
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to handle & manage difficult conversations
2) Basic knowledge of computer applications such as CIS and word
Education:Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Certifications:Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - State of Massachusetts, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org