Philanthropy OfficerApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Philanthropy Officer
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Philanthropy Officer you will work in the Baystate Health Foundation(BHF) / Development Office, working independently, and as part of the development team, to identify prospects, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies; solicit and close major gifts, and ensure the appropriate and timely cultivation of relationships and stewardship of donors for Baystate Medical Center (BMC), Baystate Children's Hospital (BCH), including community hospitals, and all entities of Baystate Health (BH) including programs and services.
As the Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for working with donors not only to consider multiple gifts over time but also to ensure their satisfaction with their contributions.
You will work directly with hospital administration, board members, physicians, hospital staff, and donors, and staff various volunteer committees. The Philanthropy Officer reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
The Philanthropy Officer will collaborate with BHF colleagues in support of program funding, fundraising events, capital campaigns, and Foundation activities on behalf of BH and its related entities and programs.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Identify, cultivate and solicit those individuals, corporations, or foundations able to make first time, on-going, major, outright & planned gifts to Baystate Health, BMC, Baystate Children's Hospital, BH community hospitals & BVNAH.
- Engage trustees, volunteers, hospital and foundation staff as needed to support donor cultivation & solicitations.
- Maintain a major gift portfolio of donors/prospects in order to build and maintain strong relationships with donors in order to ensure their ongoing philanthropy for Baystate Health via BHF and satisfaction with their respective gifts.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of special projects as assigned, including fundraising events in support of capital, program and Foundation goals.
- Identify grant opportunities, craft proposals to private family or public foundations for grant funding of identified funding opportunities.
- Track regularly through moves-management program prospect development and gift closure in terms of defined personal and philanthropy team goals.
- Familiarity with Moves Management in terms of major gift benchmarking and prospect tracking.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of major gift experience, preferably in a hospital/medical center or college/university setting.
- Demonstrable success in cultivating and soliciting capital, program, endowment and planned gifts at all monetary levels, with success making solicitations alone, in conjunction with volunteers and organization leaders.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral);
- Ability to interact with donors and volunteers; and exceptional interpersonal negotiating skills.
- Possess the personal qualities and flexibility necessary to thrive in a metric guided environment.
- Be team-oriented and able to work within a complex organization.
- Ability to work in both an independent and pro-active manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and adheres to the highest standards of ethics in the field of development.
- Proficiency in using development software.
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 40 hours
Location: 280 Chestnut St, Spfld MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.