Planning ConsultantApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
The Planning Consultant (I) is accountable for providing ambulatory planning, clinical and strategic planning, and business development assistance; project management, regulatory and research support; and data analysis for Baystate Health and its subsidiary corporations in support of the system's strategic vision.
The Planning Consultant (I) typically provides planning support to member corporations and affiliates of Baystate Health. The Planning Consultant (I) would generally be involved in a number of projects at any given time, depending on the size and scope of the projects. Planning support may range from special projects to responsibility for defined aspects of a major planning process.
Projects on which the Planning Consultant (I) may work could range from solo involvement on special projects, or participation on a team on which the Planning Consultant (I) would work for a Project Manager, the Director of Strategy, and the Chief Strategy Officer & Senior Vice President for Strategy. The Planning Consultant (I) may manage aspects of the project on a day-to-day basis or may act as staff under the direction of the Project Manager, Director, or Senior Vice President.
1) Provides planning and project management support for key ambulatory planning and business development projects
2) Provides planning and project management support for clinical services planning, strategic planning and business planning projects/initiatives
3) Provides regulatory oversight and support for the system and special projects, including Determinations of Need;
4) Monitors and summarizes healthcare environmental trends (including technology and business development trends), and conducts secondary research, including detailed web and literature searches in support of projects;
5) Contributes to and utilizes databases relevant to planning for the system, including area-wide demographic, market, physician, healthcare utilization and health status data;
6) Assures that data utilized in planning processes are valid and timely;
7) Supports the development of data, including volume projections, within projects that require forecasts of future service-specific market size;
8) Supports the preparation and provision of other data for system planning, including data development, oversight, initial analysis and PowerPoint presentation and report preparation;
9) Provides other Strategic Planning assistance and support as needed.
10) Work performed by the Planning Consultant (I) will be approached in a way which assures a high quality product, as measured by accuracy, technical sophistication, and appropriate methodological approach. In addition, it is expected that work will be completed efficiently, in a timely manner, and collegially with members inside and outside the department.
11) It is expected that the Planning Consultant (I) will work with the Project Manager, Director, and/or Senior Vice President to ensure that coordination occurs in a way which appears seamless to the client.
Required Work Experience:
1) Because of the diversity of projects in which the Program Consultant (I) will be engaged, this person needs to have one to three years of relevant experience in strategic planning and business development within healthcare, and proven analytical skills
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Determination of Need experience is a plus
Skills and Competencies:
1) Demonstrated customer service orientation and skills
2) Values that are consistent with the BHS operating principles, excellent project management skills (with both strong attention to detail and ability to see big picture)
3) Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, proven abilities to work with and within teams,
Education:Master of Science: Health Administration (Required)
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org