Project Manager, Facilities Planning, EngineeringApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is hirng a Project Manager for a full time position at the Facilities/Engineering Department
What You Will Do:
The Project Manager position provides creative, pro-active, problem solving skills to manage program, design and construction, development activities at multiple hospital campus's and off-site locations. Directs, facilitates, and oversees the planning, design and construction of capital facilities projects to ensure that the project is designed and constructed in accordance with the project scope, budget, and schedule. Performs lead project management role on complex projects. Manage the initial planning phase through the final close out and turnover.
- Through an understanding of clinical needs, technology, adjacencies and work flow guide multiple user groups, facilities and design teams to create optimal space program.
- Develop initial scope, schedule and budget for capital planning and funding exercises.
- Manage the RFI process, contracting and procurement process to assemble Architect, Engineer, Construction Manager and Commissioning Professionals as required.
- Lead the team from Programming through 100% Construction Document development ensuring facilities and commissioning team is directly engaged in CD development.
- Actively manage construction activities including sub-contractor selection, RFIs, Submittals, Change Orders, contract adherence, maintaining budget and schedule. Coordinate with Infection Control, Environmental Health and Safety, Clinical Engineering and Security to ensure all work is done safely and in compliance with all hospital policies and procedures.
- On-Site coordination of work in conjunction with contractor, design team and client staff. Daily client end user interaction and communication. Perform daily on-site inspection of the work area for safety and compliance.
- Upon completion of projects ensure all systems are operating as designed, facilities personnel are trained to operate equipment, equipment is assigned asset tags within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and preventive maintenance work orders are scheduled for all equipment and systems prior to hand off.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management – Required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Construction Supervisor Professional License preferred.
- Experience with project management, in Healthcare or similar fields (3-5 years).
- FGI Guidelines familiarity.
- Management of projects in a 24/7 operation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Proficient with AutoCAD required.
- BIM, Revit, Builder and Primavera experience.
- Occupied space renovations including critical utilities shutdown.
- Coordination of building systems commissioning and validation.
- Medical equipment coordination, installation and relocation.
- Knowledge of the 7 flows of medicine, PPE requirements, general knowledge of acceptable conditions. Experience Computer Assisted Facilities Management (CAFM) systems. LEED, CCM, CHC or PMP certification.
What You Need To Know:
This is a full time position (40 hours weekly).
Location: Springfield MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.