Hospice RN Case ManagerApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
The Hospice RN
- Performs nursing care to include physical, psychological, emotional, and socio-economic assessment in the care of patients with a life limiting diagnosis.
- Assumes primary clinical responsibility for assigned patients from admission to discharge.
- Educates patient, family and staff on diagnosis, treatment program and resources available
- Provides nursing care with kindness, sensitivity, in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Collaborates with staff to assure a high quality of patient/family care and participates as an active member of the interdisciplinary team
- Promotes coordination of services by communicating with program staff
- Completes mandated documentation in a complete and timely manner while maintaining clinical records in accordance with agency policies. .
- Provides nursing interventions as identified by the plan of care including patient/family education thru ongoing evaluating and assessing
- Acquires and maintains an expert working knowledge of all third party payers and regulatory bodies and agency policies on issues related to documentation and care provided
What You Will Need:
- Registered and Licensed Nurse in the State of Massachusetts. and CPR Cerification
- 1-3 years med/surg nursing with experience in community health care preferred.
- Home Care, Palliative Care or Hospice Care experience strongly preferred or
- Excellent judgment, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Valid Driver’s License - Must have a car and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license. Motor vehicle report will be reviewed and hiring decision will be based on information obtained
What You Need to Know:
- Location -- 50 Maple Baystate Home Health & Hospice
- 40 Hours per week
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Driving Required - See Fleet Policy Below
- Resume required
Fleet Policy Statement
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.