Registered Nurse II PACUApply Now
Tired of working every other weekend and every other holiday? Do you have a background in critical care with an interest in caring for surgical patients in a high acuity, fast paced, patient focused, collaborative environment? Check out our Daly Perianesthesia Unit! Our highly experienced team prepares and recovers adult and pediatric patients for the Daly ORs. Our unit supports seventeen ORs, the main inpatient and Level 1 trauma ORs for BMC. We offer experiences in both Preop and PACU, working collaboratively with the Daly ORs to support every patient through their surgical experience. We offer nontraditional shifts/hours with minimal weekends and limited holidays/call.
You will be responsible for:
- The provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care.
- Administering and monitoring patient response to therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrating knowledge and application of the nursing process as it relates to patients and families.
- Collaborating with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care.
- Delegating and providing direct supervision to other health team members as appropriate in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Acting as an advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- Practicing within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current Health Care Provider CPR certification required. ACLS and PALS required within six months.
- Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years critical care RN experience required, 3-5 years intercare, adult ED (trauma) or PICU experience may be considered. Some pediatric experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills required.
- Proven ability to work in high acuity, fast paced setting required.
Education: ADN required, BSN preferred
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.