Respiratory Therapist, Per Diem, NightsApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, perform a variety of duties involving all aspects of Respiratory Care. In doing so, maintain and monitor a variety of equipment for both infants and adults. Obtain arterial blood gas samples, assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, perform EKG tracings and keep accurate records of all patient therapies. These descriptions cover the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Responsible for the care and treatment of all age ranges of patients.
1) Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills and behaviors required to achieve high quality results in a variety of ages in patients. Demonstrates competence in all respiratory care procedures in areas within their realm of responsibility 95-98% of the time.
2) Maintains a complete knowledge in the principles of anatomy and physiology, gas laws, and acid base balance, pathology of basic lung diseases, and pharmacology 80% of the time.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of department including, but not limited to, polices and procedures for R.C. modalities, safety, and infection control.
4) Consistently strives for a high level of excellence in respiratory care by suggesting most beneficial modality of therapy, while keeping in mind patient comfort, safety and potential patient improvement (outcome) on that therapy 95% of the time.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of theory, equipment and clinical situations by applying it to new equipment and/or new and unusual situations 90% of the time.
6) The preparation and ability to meet organizational, personal and professional commitments. Willingness to accept responsibility for decisions made and to be accountable for the same 95% of the time.
7) Consistently acts as a role model through clinical excellence and patient assessment skills 95% of the time.
8) Respects patients right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality 100% of the time. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed 100% of the time.
9) Ability to work cooperatively with a team of people, whether peers or other members of the health care profession 95-98% of the time.
10) Deals with positively in the work areas by exhibiting courtesy, control of emotions and understanding to patients, visitors, peers, supervisors and other members of the health care team 100% of the time.
Required Work Experience:
1) none required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) one to three years
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
Education:Associates of Science: Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Certifications:Basic Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Respiratory Therapist - Other, Licensed Respiratory Therapy - Other
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org