RN Employee Health and Occupational Health NurseApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Under supervision of the Employee Health Service Director and Practice Manager, the Employee Health nurse performs a variety of duties pertaining to patient examinations and treatment, emergency and follow-up care, disease prevention, and record keeping. Performs clerical duties to assist physicians, nurse practitioners, and other department personnel.
- Performs medical treatments and administers first- aid and appropriately instructs patients in health care according to their individual needs in accordance with accepted nursing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for departmental follow up of all TB skin test conversion and exposures, as well as other infectious and communicable exposures. Reviews immunization records in OHM and charts of employees following all infectious exposures within required time frame.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in assessment of calls and triages appropriately and accurately executes orders of nurse practitioners or physician within scope of abilities.
What you will need:
- Massachusetts license as an RN and CPR certified
- COHN certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience
- Experience in a an ambulatory, primary care or occupational health setting strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven success in partnering with both physicians and staff
- Hours- Full Time 5 days a week
- Location- Employee Health Services Department - Medical Office Building 2 Medical Center Drive
- Resume required with completed on line application
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.