RN PACU Sign on Bonus EligibleApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Baystate is hiring a part time RN in the Daly Perianesthesia Unit! Our highly experienced team prepares and recovers adult and pediatric patients for the Daly ORs. Our unit supports seventeen ORs, the main inpatient and Level 1 trauma ORs for BMC.
We offer experiences in both Preop and PACU, working collaboratively with the Daly ORs to support every patient through their surgical experience. We offer nontraditional shifts/hours with minimal weekends and limited holidays/call.
What you will do:
- The provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care.
- Administering and monitoring patient response to therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrating knowledge and application of the nursing process as it relates to patients and families.
- Collaborating with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care.
- Delegating and providing direct supervision to other health team members as appropriate in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Acting as an advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- Practicing within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
What you will need:
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Education: ADN required, BSN preferred
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current Health Care Provider CPR certification required. ACLS and PALS required within six months.
- Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years critical care RN experience required, 3-5 years intercare or adult ED (trauma) experience may be considered. Some pediatric experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills required.
- Proven ability to work in high acuity, fast paced setting required.
What you need to know:
- Unit: Perianesthesia Unit
- This is a part time position
- Hours: 24
- Shift: Day/Evening
- Some call requirements
- Sign on bonus eligible! Candidates with 2 years of inpatient experience are eligible for a $4,000 sign on bonus!
Education:Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse - Other, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.