Security OfficersApply Now
This position is assigned to Baystate Medical Center. As the only level one Trauma Center in Western Mass we deal with numerous criminal traumas both in the Emergency Department and inpatient units as well as surrounding Baystate Health facilities. We also see a large number of behavioral health and dual diagnosis patients in our facility. We are often called upon to provide 1:1 watches on any of the above patients as requested. We are also located in elevated crime areas. Under the direction of the security supervisor protects life and property of all persons on Baystate Health property. Patrols hospital buildings and grounds, acts to deter loss of institution, employees, patients and visitors by preventing illegal entry by unauthorized individuals. Monitors surveillance cameras and reports any suspicious activities. Enforces the access control program. Examines doors, windows to ensure they are secure as well as checking and maintaining security of hospital vehicles. Monitors fire, security and infant security protection systems. Officer has the responsibility to dispatch of Security officers on all calls for assistance and response to emergency codes. The officer will also respond to assistance calls and emergency codes as directed by the Supervisor. Provides escorts for employees, visitors and patients. Assists in traffic control for fire and other emergent situations.Assists in traffic control. Handles disruptive situations and persons. Conducts preliminary investigations. Performs special assignments.
1) Patrols assigned areas of the institution and exterior premises on foot or mobile patrol according to established schedule. Report any unusual occurrences property damage and thefts and all suspicious activities. Prepares reports specific to the problem noted. Interacts with staff by communicating crime prevention and security awareness information..
2) Enforces the access control program.
Issues visitor badges in accordance with policy. Explains access denials clearly, following policy guidelines. Identifies persons without identification in all areas of Baystate Health facilities. Ensures doors within the patrol area are secured/opened at correct times and completes unsecured door reports. Documents inspection of high risk areas. Clears floors of visitors as requested by nursing staff. Issues vendor and other specialty badges. Takes immediate action to correct security/safety problems. Conducts building rounds to ensure that doors/windows are securely locked. Responds to request to lock and unlock doors and also secures doors according to specified schedules.
3) For staff assigned to BMC ONLY.
Performs all duties in the command center. Operates the Premisys access control system by acknowledging alarms, opening doors and reporting unusual events to the supervisor. Monitors surveillance cameras, fire and security and infant alarm systems. Ensures correct responses and notifications are made. Dispatches call for assistance as received and appropriate personnel to the scene of the incidents within established time limits as provided in response instructions.Also dispatches staff for any emergency code responses as needed. Provides information to the public as needed. Responds to and initiates calls to the Springfield Police on the Comnet radio system.
4) Responds to codes and other emergencies immediately as directed by the supervisor. Operates fire equipment following department procedures. Has a working knowledge of emergency response plans and assists the supervisor in setting up the emergency operations center (EOC) and staffs the EOC as required. Will also notify Police when appropriate.
5) Assists in traffic control.
Keeps fire lanes clear of traffic. Provides direction to visitors on parking and patient pick-up areas. Performs traffic control for helicopter landings. Follows procedures for enforcement of parking rules and completes reports. Control vehicle traffic in and around the institution to prevent congestion. The officer will also screen at parking gates periodically as part of the parking enforcement plan.
6) Handles disruptive situations.
Understands policy on use of force. Employs proven crisis intervention techniques. Demonstrates understanding of restraint protocols. Works with other departments to provide a team approach to solving disruptive incidents.
7) Provide escorts as directed by security supervisor. Ensure safe escort to employees and visitors within and when leaving the institution as requested.
8) Conducts preliminary investigations.
Collects all required preliminary information at scene of incident which includes personal data, property data, relevant times and circumstances. Renders a report in a timely manner. Conducts complete investigations on lost and found property cases. Checks all repositories, nursing units and shows the ability to trace patient progress through the facility..
9) Performs special assignments.
Controls the movements of patients identified by the medical staff as being at risk. Provides temporary support to clinics, offices or other areas as required. Operates shuttles and performs mobile patrols. Provide emergency transport of persons, records and specimens. Provides security for special events.
10) Provides escorts.
Ensures timely and safe escort to employees and others within the medical facility for Behavioral Patients and Criminal Traumas or others as requested by care team. Performs patient watches in Emergency Department and on inpatient units on occasion and upon request..
11) Demonstrates and models principles of service excellence in support of the patient /employee experience.
12) Monitors Utility alarm panels med gas/nitrous oxide. BMC Only
13) Monitors alarms and activity for Global Threat Reduction Initiative for the Blood Irradiator rooms. BMC only.
14) Photo ID System- has working knowledge on ID system to create, reprint ID badges and provide access in both 9000 and Premisys System.
15) In the absence of supervisor, must perform the duties of the Security Supervisor
16) Demonstrates professionalism when directing employees, staff, visitors and patients to all areas of the hospital as requested. Provide assistance to above as needed.
17) BMC Only- Officers will provide escorts to the Operating Room or other procedures areas as required and for admissions to nursing units for Criminal traumas. They will also support nursing units in the event of a Criminal Trauma admission by visitor screening at the bedside with Photo Id Checks on all visitors and will position themselves outside patient room for the first 48 hours of any admission. Detail may continue if threat assessment warrants.
Required Work Experience:
1) None Required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-6 months military, police, fire , corrections, behavioral health or healthcare security experience
For Sr. Security Officer position, 1 year of experience as a Security Officer is preferred
2) If no security related experience an Associates or Bachelor degree in related field may be considered in lieu of experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Proficient in Microsoft word, have report writing skills, good customer service/communication skills
What You Need to Know:
We are hiring for part time and per diem positions, various shifts.
These positions require weekend and holiday availability.
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org