We are experiencing technical difficulties and are working to address them. We thank you for your patience.
Spanish Medical InterpreterApply Now
Location: Brightwood Health Center
Baystate Health is seeking a Spanish Interpreter for a Medical Practice, for a full time position.
As an Interpreter you will provide oral interpretation and limited written translation between limited English proficient (LEP) patients and their family and English-speaking providers and other members of the patient care team.
What you will do:
- Provide fluid consecutive AND simultaneous verbal interpretation to assist patients, families, and providers.
- Provide only brief written translations of information for patients or family. Forward frequently used documents/instructions and signage to Interpreter and Translation Services Department for translation.
- Function as team member both within the health system as well as with Interpreter and Translation Services.
- Log in to automated call distribution telephone line when in main office.
- Respond to pages by anyone within 5 minutes to assess need.
- Attend at least 9 monthly Interpreter & Translation Services staff meetings each year.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Interpreting, Translation, or Language Studies preferred.
- Above average written and oral fluency in English and at least one other language.
- Must be able to translate brief passages (no more than 3 paragraphs) from English to target language or target language to English.
IMPORTANT - Don't Miss This Step
As part of the application process for this job opportunity, you are required to complete a video prescreen on the Baystate Health HireVue site. I will be emailing you a link to complete this video interview.
What you need to know:
- This is a full time, 40 hours position.
- Schedule: Business Hours. This position requires availability one to two evenings per week.
- Location: Brightwood Health Center, Springfield MA.