Sr Application AnalystApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Senior Application Analyst – Orders and Medication Integration
Be part of a team building that builds and supports a highly integrated EMR, using a standardized approach across health system across a nationally recognized healthcare system.
This position supports the Health Information System at Baystate Health. Responsibilities include supporting the implementation of software packages, including installation, testing, deployment and continued maintenance and support. The analyst in this role is responsible for identifying issues, and is independent in troubleshooting and resolving issues within the electronic medical record. The manager will consider underfilling for this position.
The analyst in this role takes an active role in identifying opportunities for improvements to the EMR, specifically in the areas of provider medication order entry, medication safety, CPOE and nursing medication related workflows. Senior Application Analysts will work directly with the Clinical Informatics team and also partner directly with the Pharmacy teams across the enterprise.
The senior analyst will be responsible for developing technical and functional specifications for all project requests, maintaining ongoing solution specific support documentation, and is independent in complex troubleshooting.
They will work closely with other analysts, engineers, architects, team leaders, managers, and business partners to collaborate on system design, build and testing. The incumbent will perform project management and leadership, including detailed project plan tasks, timelines, and milestone reporting. They work closely with business partners to review the status of work and projects in process, prioritize new efforts, and assist in identifying new opportunities to improve operations.
These activities require skills in independent decision-making, application design and configuration, complex problem solving, leadership, systems analysis, customer service, teamwork, organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CERNER Orders Management and/or Medication Integration and/or Pharmnet configuration and uses
- Experience in a clinical setting, preferable nursing or nursing support position
- Understanding clinical workflows in ambulatory or acute care setting
- Experience supporting Cerner applications
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge
- Ability to perform independent research
- Excel/Work/Microsoft Outlook/VISIO
Application Specific Skills Desired
- Order Sets
- Multum and Drug Interaction Checking
- Basic Cerner Foundations
- Cerner Orders
- Registered Pharmacist
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Project Implementation & Management
Essential Functions Include
- Conduct thorough functional and technical design specifications; future state design and gap analysis
- Understanding and supporting clinical workflows in an ambulatory, inpatient, or pharmacy settings
- Knowledge sharing across team members and mentoring developing analysts within the team
- Leading or participating in testing events
- Deliverables will include detailed build documentation including unit, regression and integrated test plans.
- Service and relationship oriented
Here is what you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation, configuration, development, maintenance and ongoing support of Cerner solution
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Is able to present complex issues or solutions to others in an understandable fashion.
- Experience in a clinical setting, preferable in the role of a Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician or RN.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.