Business AnalystApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Are you interested in an opportunity to work in a rapidly evolving healthcare IT space and work for a team that pioneers new solutions and a leader of implementing cutting edge technologies?
We are looking for a technical business analyst to build and maintain relationships (through expertise and influence) with cross-functional and technology teams resulting in an environment of highly effective collaboration, communication, and execution of programs/processes across the organization. Act as a liaison to BH mobile audience including potential and current partners, as it pertains to the overall user-experience, design considerations, and product specifications for BH web and mobile products or services. Partner and collaborate with internal clinical partners, Product Champions, Product Owners and other stake holders to ensure we capture all the necessary information in order to meet the expectations and SLA. Facilitate meetings with all stakeholders across other business units – in the formulation of requirements that are used by the development teams for successful, efficient project delivery. Participating across technology and cross-functional teams, this position will help in contributing to projects from beginning to end with goals of increased efficiency, transparency and quality.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with business leaders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
- Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams.
- Participate in and/or facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements.
- Work with management to prepare and maintain a product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Elicit requirements and business objectives from key stakeholders – internal and external - for future application or technology-related solutions.
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Leadership.
- Create reports and dashboards in Google Analytics and Excel, Prepare and present monthly status reports to leadership.
- Work closely with the User Experience, Web Design, Front End and Back End Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions.
- Become subject matter experts in BH web and mobile applications.
- Prepare and execute acceptance test cases for application development projects to help ensure quality throughout development life cycle.
- Identify issues and coordinate with developers and Leadership to triage and resolve issues.
- Participates in production deployments, verifying patches and bug fixes in production environment.
What You Will Need:
Minimally Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline
Minimally Required Experience:
- 3 to 5 years in any combination of business analysis roles in high-paced internet-based organizations or within website departments in traditional organizations, experience with online education products highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects.
- Ability to turn concepts into project requirements, perform requirements gathering and writing appropriate documentation, which leads to successful feature development and timely project completion.
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies, requirements documentation and software development project leadership.
- Capable of defining valuable metrics and pulling reports with dashboards to track those metrics.
- Experience working with Google analytics is a plus
- Experience with Agile software methodologies preferred. Formal training in one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, kanban, etc.) or toolsets (JIRA, Git, SVN, etc.) a plus.
- Current experience with business analysis and project documentation for mobile development a plus.
- Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems.
- Experience with all MS Office applications and document creation software.
- Capable of understanding technical systems and flow of technical architecture
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, etc.) and mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.