Sr Dir Clin Safety & Risk Mgmt
Under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, the Sr Director of Clinical Safety and Risk Management is responsible for the effective operation of the Risk Management Department of Baystate Health. The Sr Director of Clinical Safety and Risk Management assists the Chief Risk Officer in system risk management operations, including oversight of the CARe program. The Sr Director of Clinical Safety and Risk Management also collaborates with the Claims Managers in the operations of the system wide claims program of the captive insurance company.
1) Assists Chief Risk Officer in the effective operations of the Baystate Health risk management and insurance programs. Develops and implements risk reporting and monitoring standards and processes. Collaborates in the development and maintenance of a culture of safety for the health system.
2) Responsible for the supervision and coordination of all direct report staff( support staff, risk managers and staff attorney) including personnel issues, evaluation, orientation, training and staff development , performance evaluations, disciplinary action, hiring, termination and similar actions.
3) Assists Chief Risk Officer in the development and maintenance of the system-wide risk program including identification of actual and or potential loss exposures, risk control priorities, and problem solving approaches to reduce risk. Contributes to planning and monitoring of risk reduction measures. Oversees investigation of potentially compensable incidents and reporting to appropriate state and federal agencies as required by law.
4) Provides direction and advice to the Medical Staff and to senior management in regard to medicolegal matters. Researches state and federal laws and regulations and provides legal interpretation and recommendations to the Medical Staff, employees and insured community physicians.
5) Manages inquiries from state and federal investigators and law enforcement to assure legal compliance and limit organizational exposure. Provides legal advice relative to civil and criminal matters including responses to subpoenas, testimony and production of documents.
6) Serves as an expert resource in the management, investigation and response to adverse events. Serves as an advisor to physicians, other clinical personnel, management personnel, and attorneys on matters related to potential claims, claims or lawsuits and recommends appropriate actions to minimize risk.
7) Collaborates with inhouse and outside counsel for corporate matters which may include contractual issues, outside investigations and regulatory matters when necessary.
8) Supervises data analysis for the CARe program and other internal and external benchmark reports to assure complete and accurate reports.
Juris Doctor: Law (Required)
Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org