Sr Financial AnalystApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
The Senior Financial Analyst will work in close partnership with BMP management, medical leadership and operational staff to maximize the financial performance of assigned practices. The SFA serves as the business partner to assigned medical practices by coordinating the budget planning and development process and all financial analysis including analysis of net practice revenue.
The SFA serves as the primary financial liaison to the medical practices and is responsible for assessing and coordinating all financial requests from the practices. To be successful, the SFA must develop exceptional relationships with medical practice leadership.
In order to fulfill this role, the SFA must remain abreast of current issues affecting financial performance of physician practices..
1) Assist in evaluation of financial performance including developing corrective actions.
2) Works collaboratively with management and PBO to assure that the revenue cycle process is optimizing revenues and collections.
3) Serves as the finance resource for the analysis and interpretation Iof net practice revenue.
4) Serves as the finance resource for the analysis and interpretation Iof net practice revenue.
5) Works collaboratively with assigned practices to develop the budget calendar and process within the parameters established by BHS.
6) Recommends and develops tools and reports to assist practice leadership to better understand and manage their practices.
7) Actively participates in the development of the capital and operating budgets.
8) Maintains a current working knowledge of BHS employed physician compensation plans and supports BMP management and medical leadership in monitoring current status and in assessing proposed changes to the plan.
9)Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the physician compensation plans.This includes modeling plans to determine their effectiveness and financial implications.Support the productivity goals of the plans, incentive compensation calculations related to productivity, analyzing physician compensation and productivity compared to external benchmarks, maintaining related files and safeguarding confidential information.
10)Responsible for the annual physician compensation budgets for all BMP practices.
11) Supports month end close process.
12)Supports provider productivity and benchmark reporting.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years progressive work experience in healthcare, finance or related field
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of physician payment systems and managed care
2) Ability to work independently
3) Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a high level of customer services
4) Excellent oral and written communications skills
5) Experience using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and other business applications
Education:Bachelor of Science: Accounting (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org