Sr. Telecom EngineerApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
Responsible for engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with areas within the telecommunications function (e.g. engineering, implementation, diagnostics or operations/user support). Monitors the operation of telecom (PBX/VOIP) systems. Performs complex tasks relating to telecom operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations. The scope of responsibility for this position includes, but is not limited to, the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of telecommunications network components to provide a secure, high performance network.
The Senior Engineer is a seasoned individual contributor who applies an advanced, in-depth knowledge of technical concepts, practices and procedures to BH support. Incumbents are fully competent to work on complex assignments and perform a full range of technical support activities. The incumbent will act as a member of quick-response support teams and will often work under demanding deadlines, operating independently to resolve complex design/configuration problems. . A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The incumbent will plan, implement or oversee coordinated testing of new application as requested by Client Service Managers, to ensure compatibility with existing hardware and software applications.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Broadsoft VOIP and PBX telecom systems.
2) Experience with Calling Centers, preferably using the PureConnect application.
3) Automated Call Distribution.
4) Experience with Amtelco 1Call and XMedius Enterprise Faxing a plus.
5) SIP Trunking and Carrier Services.
6) Audiocode Knowledge and Session Border Controllers a plus.
This position provides support to our partners on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical hardware and software problems. Develops and documents procedures used by other technicians. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other junior personnel.
This position is expected to take a Technical Leadership role with less seasoned team members and within the IT Department.
1) Leads the installation, upgrades, backups and maintenance of systems
2) Assist with the Allocation of System resources as required.
3) Responsible to Apply patches and firmware upgrades in a timely manner
4) Responsible to Monitor all systems to review errors, ensure backups are completed and follows up on status logs
5) Manages and Performs complex troubleshooting and corrective action for system issues
6) Technical Lead for support of day to day operations including modifications, adds and changes
7) Manages Projects or is a team member as assigned
8) Perform configuration tasks for systems and hardware
9) Write, maintain, review and post technical documentation on work in progress, works completed and prepare reports for management as needed
10) Participate in On-Call rotation, 24x7 for a week per rotation.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of greater than 5 years related and progressive experience
Education:Associate of Arts (Required), Bachelor of Arts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org