Sterile Processing Service CoordinatorApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
What You Will Do:
- Demonstrating expertise of sterile processing knowledge and application of American Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards. ¿
- Leadership qualities and responsibilities which include mentoring levels I, II and III technicians, providing educational inservicing, and functioning in the charge role.
- Participating in departmental and hospital programs for quality assessment and improvement, identifying opportunities and proactively working to continuously improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with goals of Baystate Health System.
- Knowledge of hospital policies and protocols of regualatory bodies such as: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Public Health (DPH), Joint Commission (JC), AAMI and Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) as they pertain to sterile processing.
What You Will Need:
- The service coordinator meets all requirements of the sterile processing technician levels I, II and III job skills.
- High scool diploma or GED, Associate's Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 year of SPD experience wtih knowledge of Operating Room and instruments
- SPD Certification required
What You Need To Know:
Location: Baystate Medical Center- Sterile Processing Dept.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.