Surgical Oncology and Breast Center Program ManagerApply Now
The Surgical Oncology and Breast Center Program Manager is responsible for development and oversight of the Breast Center operations and programmatic development and surgical oncology offerings across the Baystate Health enterprise. The incumbent works directly with the Director Of Department of Surgery and collaboratively with various clinical departments to build a unified program that links services within and across traditional departments to improve the oncological care delivered to our patients. The position is responsible for the front line management of practice staff ,developing a clinical business plan and strategy that grows the clinical program, manages the financial (profitability), quality, manpower, access to care and patient/ customer satisfaction aspects across the multiple locations our providers practice. The incumbent is responsible for implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness. This position establishes policy and protocols for regional standards and sets up and monitors key performance metrics. The Program Manager provides leadership, technical assistance and utilizes national and regional intelligence to understand the clinical trends and market forces.
Essential Functions will also include;
- Oversight of practice management and front line management
- Strategic growth and development
- Fiscal Accountability - Developing & Maintaining Budgets
- Clinical Support
- Patient/Customer Experience
- Coordinated Program Outreach
- Human Resource Management - . Assuring staff development by overseeing continuing education and training.
- Safety and Quality Outcomes
- Access to Care and Ensuring optimized schedules for timely delivery of care.
- Program ambassador l liaison representation various hospital and community committees to enhance and foster optimal care management
- Compliance with all applicable quality and accreditation standards within the assigned specialty area of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- RN and BSN strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing or management experience
- Must have 2-3 years of experience managing programs and or building programs
- Preferred candidate will have experience working with both oncology and surgical patients and physicians
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and revenue cycle activities
- Possess a proven track record of achieving objectives through motivating and leading others
- Experience with implementing ongoing process improvement to ensure a patient-centric program
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with senior leadership and staff, and work in collaborative partnership with physicians and other health care providers
The Program Manager is responsible for theBreast Specialists Program as well as programmatic development of the Division of Surgical Oncology. Both programs are spread across multiple locations. The incumbent will work collaboratively and have a matrix relationship with the D’Amour Center as well as the Division of Surgery. Current provider and team size;
- 7 physicians
- 4 NPs
- 16 direct reports both clinical RN and non-clinical support
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Registered Nurse - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org