System Administrator Financial ReportingApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time System Administrator Financial Reporting
What You Will Do:
The Financial Reporting System Administrator reports to the Director of Finance Support Services and is responsible for the integrity of BH Lawson financial reporting applications and Non-Lawson interfaces. You will be responsible for implementing software upgrades, maintaining all Lawson system modules and security to insure the completeness and accuracy of system financial reporting. This includes the continual development, enhancement and implementation of new technologies and procedures to create efficiencies in financial data transfers, seamless transactional collection and improved Baystate Health entity and Baystate Health consolidated financial reporting. These accountabilities embrace all Baystate Health entities and require attention to all transactional systems that directly impact the efficient, accurate and timely production of financial reports.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Recommend and implements system enhancements to maximize reporting efficiency. To establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other financial system administrators (AP, PeopleSoft, SMS, Materials Mgmt. and IT) outside the department and has the authority to interact with those external parties whose activities are seen as impacting the Baystate Health general ledger and financial reporting.
- Enhance financial data collection procedures identified by management as inefficient, utilizing new technologies such as Crystal Reporting, SQL procedures and specified data queries.
- Produces ad hoc financial reports as requested by management integrating financial data from multiple systems or Lawson modules.
- Acquires working knowledge of current reporting practices and maintains current production while documenting areas of process or technical improvement opportunities.
- Acquires knowledge of the current Lawson suite of accounting modules and maintains functionality for the General Accounting Department recommending additional functionality opportunities.
- Maintains BH chart of accounts, Lawson security, Lawson Business Intelligence and coordinates the publications of E-workplace financial stewardship dashboards.
- Works closely with Lawson Support Services and Information Services to resolve software problems and develop enhancements.
- Trains new Lawson users, provides internal updates on Lawson developments and new processing tools available.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with financial system programs, software and reporting tools.
- Familiar with Crystal Reporting/MS Office
- Ability to effectively problem solves within the Lawson system environments.
- Must exhibit strong leadership qualities with a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Must have personal flexibility in his/her approach to work flow.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self direction and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment when assessing a situation considers the options and chooses an appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate in a high paced time sensitive work environment.
- Demonstrates a level of personal flexibility in developing alternative approaches to work flow taking into consideration system functionality´s and enhancements.
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 40 hours
Location: 280 Chestnut Street
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.