Unit Manager Medical MedTeleApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
What will you do?
- The Nurse Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient- and family-centered care. Delivers on our organizational service excellence promise in all unit practices and programs, as evidenced by relevant metrics.
- Provides leadership in proactively developing quality driven, cost effective improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates and partners with members of interdisciplinary team to achieve outcomes in performance improvement efforts.
- The Nurse Manager leads a positive work environment that facilitates the delivery of excellent patient and caregiver experiences.
- Staff are highly engaged, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Seeks opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups.
- Fosters learning and professional growth opportunities for all staff.
- Communicates and holds staff accountable to clear performance expectations.
- Establishes staffing plans that respond to changing needs of the unit.
- A leader who is highly visible on the patient care unit and is responsible for the effective management of patient progress and outcomes of care.
- Leads collaborative efforts with other departments and disciplines to meet patient care needs.
- Accountable for unit issues, including the adequacy of appropriate materials and equipment, until resolution occurs.
- Accountable to manage within budget as evidenced by metrics. Stewards financial resources and promotes growth by developing business plans and budget for their unit per organizational goals and other relevant factors. Responds to budget variances in a proactive, timely manner.
- Sets a progressive pace for performance improvement and. based on assessment of internal and external influences.
- Creates and implements plans that have a positive impact on the delivery of patient care and a positive work environment.
What will you need:
- Minimally Required: Bachelor's Degree (BSN)
- Minimally Required: 5 years nursing in related setting
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- Preferred attributes of a nursing Manager: Flexible, compassionate, transparent, ability to set expectation with staff, seeks out and understands when a Manager is needed in a situation, willing to guide and mentor staff
What you need to know:
- Unit: Springfield 2 (Medical/Surgical Unit)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.