Utility Life Safety ManagerApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
The Utility Life Safety Manager develops and oversees the Environment of Care program in accordance with Joint Commission standards and ensures ongoing compliance throughout the Baystate Health System.
Oversees the inspection, testing and maintenance of Life Safety (LS) Systems and Building Utility Systems throughout Baystate Health. Including: Electrical – emergency generators, USTs, UPSs, ATS switches, switchgear & line isolation monitors; Life Safety and Building Automation Systems – fire supervisory, detectors, horns and strobes; Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems; HVAC systems and controls; Plumbing systems; Fire suppression systems; Nurse call and tube conveyor systems.
Acts as liaison with external regulatory agencies on matters relative to environment of care and life safety requirements. Develops and implements policies in compliance with standards and regulations and trains staff.
1)Responsibility for maintaining documentation related to all regulatory agencies included but not limited to the Joint Commission, city codes and state codes. Responsible for NFPA Life Safety Code compliance across all healthcare system as defined by the Joint Commission and NFPA. Maintain and update Fire Safety Management Plans and Utility Systems Management Plans.
2) Ensure all required test, inspection and maintenance activities are performed at required frequencies through Preventive Maintenance utilizing the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maintain accurate step by step instructions in PMs including equipment shut down, lock out tag out and start up procedures.
3) Conduct training of clinical staff on unit specific Life Safety and Environment of Care standards applicable to each area.
4) Oversee Safety training for Engineering staff including: confined space entry, lock-out tag-out procedures, personal protective equipment and electrical safety.
5) Develop and monitor all construction activities for compliance with Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM), Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) and all other hospital policies.
6)Oversee Rounding Program to ensure ongoing compliance with Joint Commission compliance. Document deficiencies, create corrective maintenance work orders and track through completion.
Required Work Experience:
1)Requires 4 years of related experience with an Engineering Degree or 10 years of equivalent work experience in the facilities management field.
Preferred Work Experience:
1)Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of critical electrical and mechanical building systems.
2) Strong organizational and reporting skills.
3) Self motivated individual able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines.
4) Team player with strong interpersonal communication skills.
Education:Bachelor of Science: Engineering (Required)
Certifications:Driver License - Other
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org