VAD Nurse Coordinator, Heart & VascularApply Now
Full / Part Time:Full time
Nurse Coordinator: Develops and facilitates systems approach to care delivery for a given patient population across care continuum. Assumes leadership role in planning and implementing clinical initiatives that improve quality, efficiency and cost of care delivery. Partners closely with multidisciplinary team and identified physician leaders to optimize patient outcomes and evidenced based practice. Reports to nursing or service line director.
- Partners with identified medical leaders to develop and implement expert clinical care delivery systems for a defined patient population or service.
- Demonstrates outstanding clinical and service delivery and utilizes critical thinking, problem solving and expert knowledge to identify and facilitate systems improvements with a strong focus on health promotion, risk reduction and population-based health care.
- Assumes leadership role in planning and implementing clinical initiatives and quality improvements that demonstrate effective positive progress in key performance metrics such as patient satisfaction, LOS, cost/case and staff engagement or others as defined by program goals
- Collaborates with inter-professional team members to enhance outcomes across the continuum of care by utilizing, critiquing and/or conducting research to promote evidenced based practice.
- Identifies high risk patient care issues and trends and implements interventions to achieve optimal/benchmark quality outcomes.
- Assumes leadership role in population based clinical strategic planning and participates on key committees related to that planning
- Establishes collaborative relationships with regional providers ( primary care, post acute) and local community organizations to advance population health across region
- Develops and provides clinical education to direct care clinical staff, cross continuum inter-professional team members as well as patients and families.
- Participates in community education and awareness campaigns to advance population based health initiatives.
- Knowledgeable about health care /payment reform and its impact on given population. Participates in creating novel delivery models to meet changing regulations and mandates.
Required Work Experience:
- MA Licensed Registered Nurse and BLS CPR required
- MSN and 5 years relevant acute cardiac, or cardiovascular surgical experience required*
- Candidates with Educator experience strongly desired
*May consider candidates with BSN who are matriculated in a masters program who have strong cardiac background
Education:Master of Science (Required)
Certifications:Registered Nurse - Other
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.