Visual Data AnalystApply Now
Reports to: Manager of Data Analytics, Informatics & Technology, Center for Analytics, Baystate Health
Are you interested in an opportunity to work in a rapidly evolving healthcare IT space and work for a team that that is looking to pioneer data analytics? We are looking for an individual who loves leveraging data by providing actionable insights through visualization and reporting to solve complex business problems. This position will also build and maintain relationships (through expertise and influence) with cross-functional teams representing technology, business, and clinical expertise resulting in an environment of highly effective collaboration, communication, and execution of programs/processes across the organization. The position will be part of the Enterprise Analytics team and will be involved in shaping the strategy of reporting, visualization and contributing to the standards for department and organizational dashboards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create analytics including advanced visualizations charts, graphs, infographics, dashboards, etc. to provide insights on clinical and business processes to optimize and improve care for our patients and partners.
- Provide enterprise subject matter expertise on Tableau and data visualization including the research, development, and support of data visualization and relevant data prep techniques.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for visualizations, dashboards and business intelligence reporting with emphasis on design, storytelling and publishing.
- Build and maintain reference dashboards for reference by enterprise data analysts.
- Work closely with the User Experience, Web Design, Front End and Back End Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with business leaders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
- Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams.
- Participate in and/or facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements.
- Work with management to prepare and maintain a product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Distill qualitative and quantitative insight to communicate compelling and impactful stories.
- Prepare, define and track user acceptance tests for projects to help ensure quality and relevance.
- Participates in production deployments, verifying patches and bug fixes, and support on-call for production environment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience working in information technology achieved through a combination of education or professional experience.
- 3 years’ experience with data analytics with a focus on end user deliverables including dashboards, reports and business insights.
- Prefer bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline.
- Prefer experience in design and user experience.
- Prefer experience in automating processes through programmatic approaches (Dev Ops).
- Prefer experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence and predictive analytics.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org