Volunteer AssistantApply Now
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking Part-time Volunteer Assistant
What You Will Do:
Assist in the development and supervision of the volunteer component of Hospice and Pediatric Palliative Care, including making appropriate assignments, initial and ongoing training, provide supervision and oversight of volunteer’s activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participates in the recruitment of volunteers based on client and program needs at least once annually.
- Conducts volunteer training program in accordance with regulatory requirements and client needs at least once annually. Uses skills, knowledge and training to assign volunteers to hospice and palliative care patients and families based on the compatibility of patient needs with the volunteer’s interests, abilities, and availability within the time requested by the manager, hospice and palliative care team or family.
- Maintains volunteer statistics as assigned. Recruits and assigns administrative volunteers within hospice and palliative care departments (i.e. Bereavement, Intake, Billing, data entry).
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate intervention for patients in all age groups: Geriatrics, Adults, Adolescent, and Pediatric.
- Follow the volunteer policies to ensure regulatory compliance and program integrity. Ensures consistent volunteer compliance with documentation requirements.
- Participates in program outreach and fundraising activities. Assists with the planning and implementation of fund raising and public relations events.
- Actively participates as a member of the interdisciplinary teams.
- Shows consistent compliance with program requirements.
- Interacts effectively with people, communicates clear and effectively, fostering positive environment.
- Attends orientation, in-services, staff and any other departmental, agency or system-wide programs/meetings as requested.
- Participates in patient/family community based activities as needed.
What You Will Need:
High School Diploma or GED
Driver's License is required
Management, volunteer and community relations
- Understanding of the hospice and palliative philosophy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to work independently and have excellent group facilitation skills
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and electronic medical records.
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
What You Need To Know:
Hours: Part-time / 20 hours
Location: Springfield, MA
All Baystate Health transfers are contingent upon receiving a successful reference from your current supervisor and approval from Health Services which may include a drug screen. Transfers may also require verification of additional credentials, a driving record check, a national background check or other employment or background verifications. An authorized Human Resources representative or the hiring manager may review your human resources file if you are selected as the finalist for a position. Internal applicants must meet all requirements and qualifications of the job posting. This position may be part of the Caregiver Identification Program. Please refer to eWorkplace for details.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.