Medical Assistant, Tuners FallsApply Now
What you will do:
- Patient and Room Preparation - Under supervision, processes patient for intake and prepares room for exam, treatment, or procedure. Ensures all necessary equipment is available and provides patient with appropriate education materials. Reviews patient and physician schedules to prepare for the day and makes changes with approval.
- Front desk check in and check out will be 50% of position.
- Patient Intake and History - Reviews patient history & health maintenance information, takes vitals, provides appropriate paperwork for obtaining releases and obtains consent for release of medical data. Demonstrates basic understanding of and uses CIS and Centricity to enter patient information.
- Clinical Orders - Under supervision implements provider’s orders including standing orders and protocols to maintain flow of patient care, testing for appropriate treatment, and coordination of care with clinical team.
- Procedures - Performs procedures independently as approved by provider, including EKG, vision and hearing screening, point of care testing, etc. Immunizations may only be administered in conjunction with Baystate Medical Practices Policy BMP-MM012.
- Documentation - Accurately and within established time frame, completes all documentation. Ensures that patient and provider information is complete.
- Patient Discharge - Schedule appointments and process referrals. Provide patient education materials ensures materials are available in patient rooms. Cleans room and prepares for the next patient. Asks questions when presented with new situations.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED and Basic Life Support CPR required Required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- Must be ONE of the following:
- Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
- Medical Assistant level I should have 0-2 year of experience.
- Medical Assistant level II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
- Medical Assistant level III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position.
- This person must be flexible Monday through Friday, 7:30am-5:00pm
- This position is located at 8 Burnham Street in Turners Falls, MA.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). - Credentialing must be awarded by a third-party credentialing body which can be obtained through: 1. Registered through Medical Assistant (ARMA) - (Minimum Requirement); 2. Registered through American Medical Technologist (AMT) association; or 3. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA); or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or 4. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org