Medical Social Worker LCSWApply Now
Location: Westfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Medical Social Worker
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Medical Social Worker you will provide clinical social work to enhance the medical treatment plan and to support and maximize the psychosocial functioning and adjustment of patient who receive home health care services
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provides a comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients. Demonstrates sensitivity to the issue of culturally appropriate service and able to identify spiritual issues. Participates with team, patient and family to develop plan of care and provide counseling for long-range planning and for discharge from Baystate Home Health services.
- Accurately document social work interventions in the patient record in accordance with agency policy. Familiarizes self with Medicare/Medicaid and other third party guidelines and eligibility requirements
- Provide counseling for long-range planning and for discharge from Baystate Home Health services. Provide counseling, education and support to patient and family related to the identified medical condition/stressors. Provide short term therapy regarding psychosocial barriers to the medical treatment plan
- Develop and maintain network with community referral resources. Make referrals for appropriate community resources and assist patients and families in negotiating community systems. Provide crisis intervention in consultation with supervisor
- Support and educate staff regarding psychosocial and spiritual aspects of patient care. Participate in clinical and administrative meetings. Attend educational programs to improve skills and knowledge in the medical social work field as per requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Licensing for Social Workers.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed
- Adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable Laws and regulations
What You Will Need:
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- LCSW is required LICSW preferred
- Degree must be from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Knowledge of NASW standards
- Home Health Social Worker experience is preferred
- Valid Driver's License is required
What You Need To Know:
- Full-time / 40hours
- Self-scheduling averaging 4-5 patients per day
- Tablet and cell phone provided
Fleet Policy Statement
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.