MHC IApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
1) Participates in Multidisciplinary Team approach to patient care. Is familiar with admission and progress notes of team members to develop a better understanding of patients.Collaborates with the team in evaluating patients, planning therapy and developing treatment goals.Reports observations of patients’ status to the team and provides input in the preparation and updating of the treatment plans.Assists team members in providing care to patients and follows through with team decisions.Welcomes new staff and assists in orienting them to the department.
2)Provides a safe environment. Assists with patient admission process and orientation to the unit when indicated by the Team.Intervenes appropriately during crisis situations by providing support, patient escorts and restraint and seclusions under direction of the RN.Maintains safety by monitoring groups and time off the unit.Observes for potential safety hazards on the unit and reports hazards immediately to supervisors. Maintains safety by adhering to behavior management principles including Collaborative Problem Solving techniques.
3) Documents patient mental status, social behavior and progress towards identifying goals daily. Documents the ongoing assessment of patients, including safety on the electronic safety rounds. Documents restraints and seclusions in accordance with policies. Documents all necessary information in EMR as dictated by policy and procedure.
4) Provides a therapeutic milieu. Assesses patient mental status, social and symptomatic behavior and progress towards identified goals daily. Counsels patients with empathy and respect to assist them to formulate treatment goals. Refers patients’ physical problems to RN for assessment and intervention. Collaborates with Team to initiate and implement plan of care to meet ADL needs of patients who are unable to perform these tasks themselves. Identifies patient knowledge deficits and implements appropriate teaching in collaboration with the team. Assists in the development and implementations of special approaches and provides 1:1 intervention when indicated. Adheres to defined boundaries and guidelines regarding self disclosure with patients. Co-facilitates group therapy and demonstrates a willingness to fill in as needed. Develops plans and implements psycho educational groups and demonstrates a willingness to fill in as needed.
5) Demonstrates accountability for personal and professional growth.
Demonstrates support for the program's philosophy and adhering to policies, procedures and standards. Attends all mandatory in-services as needed. Maintains all professional competencies per unit standard. Collaborates with supervisors to identify own professional goals and seeks experience to accomplish these goals. Assists with the identification of program in-service needs.
6) Demonstrates effective use of the behavior management principles and Collaborative Problem Solving techniques. Develops and implements special programming. Assists co-workers in daily activities and replaces them as needed.
7) Demonstrates competency for one-to-one observation of patient based on department and unit specific needs.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years related.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years related.
Skills and Competencies:
1)Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2) Excellent computer skills.
3) Excellent interpersonal skills.
4) Age Specific Competencies in- service or equivalent training.
5) Behavior Management Training/Collaborative Problem Solving.
6) Restraint and Seclusion in service or equivalent training
Education:Associates of Science: Psychology (Required)
Certifications:Basic Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Crisis Prevention (within 60 days of hire) - Crisis Prevention Institute
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org