Radiology Tech AssistantApply Now
Full / Part Time:Part time
Under the supervision of the radiologic technologist, this position is responsible for assisting diagnositc technologists, residents and radiology attendings in exam rooms, and assisting with guided interventional procedures as a member of the team when called upon. This position also calls patients from the waiting room into the changing area as well as prepares/explains the procedure to the patient according to departmental and hospital procedures. The technical assistant performs a variety of patient care and clerical duties, while providing assistance to patients, technologists and radiologists. The technical assistant demonstrates excellent communication skills and effectively works with all staff.
1) Knowledge of mechanics of lifting and moving patients-technical assistant will be responsible for assisting in the transfer of patients on and off tables for Procedures.
2) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting technologist, and radiology resident/attending while performing interventional biopsy exams.
3) Technical assistant will be responsible for clerical duties to include: scheduling, report and image retrieval,obtain "wet reads", use of computer and telephone.
4) Technical assistant will assist the technologist in preparing patient trays for biopsy procedures. .
5) Technical assistant will be responsible for assisting the technologist, resident and radiology attending with pre, peri and post patient care as appropriate.
6) Technical assistant will keep patients informed of wait times,assisting and accompanying patients where possible, and as appropriate.
7) Practices the BH operating principels of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Communication.
8) Assists with supplies and inventory, properly puts stock away as well as fill and empty laundry bins when needed.
9) Maintains patient confidentiality consistent with hospital policy. Adheres to hospital infection control practices - body substance isolation.
10) Maintains yearly inservice validations. Attends departmental staff meetings. Other duties as requested.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Medical Terminology and previous patient care experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communications skills
2) Excellent computer skills:radiology computer systems and UHC Safety reporting system
3) Knowledge of mechanics of lifting
4) Communication skills both written and oral
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications:Certified Nurse Aide - Other
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: 413-794-3666
For Email requests: talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org